Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Million Little Pieces of Turd

Hindsight by exclusion. I didn't read A Million Little Pieces. Now, I'm not sure whether I should, or I shouldn't. This decision is becoming easier and easier the more exerpts from it that I pick up by the osmosis of being addicted to this story. I read the original and it's exerpts of fat, doughnut eating small town cops and bad ass bravado; I read pieces in Slate outlining how addicts could or should or may react to it and how they should or may have seen the fraud in process and heard reactions from my (as far as I can tell) non-addict friends in addition to reading a billion other stories about the fraud and Oprah and Larry King and on and on and on. The question is being asked - how did he fool everyone for so long? And it is a great question. Primarily because this book is a raging piece of shit, judging by the exerpts. In true Frey-ian style, I am so fucking smart that if I HAD read it, I would have figured that fucking phony out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home