Tuesday, January 10, 2006

When Ricky Met Oscar



Continuing my recent Ricky Gervais fixation (funny, but I was living in England when The Office first came out and I tried and tried to get into it, but it didn't really take. Of course, I now tell everyone that I saw it when it was on television in England ((though I often say "on telly" because I'm a "pretentious twat")) and don't remember specific plotlines in order to cover up for the fact that I have not in fact seen the series on DVD and have in fact only watched about 15 cumulative minutes of both series and specials; but I can't get enough of the Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant, Karl Pilkington podcast), I bounced over to rickygervais.com because I was interested in the Channel 4 special "When Ricky Met Larry" wherein Ricky Gervais meets and chats with Larry David. I have yet to find a copy of the program online (bittorrenting seems like such a raging pain in the ass to me - yet another thing that I tell people I do, but in actuality do not, or at least, have done once and now do not do at all), but I did find this picture of the two comedy superstars from Time Out London on rickygervais.com and it appears as though Larry has been going to the same auto body shop as Arnold for his spray tan. Strange, but as you can see from the accompanying illustration (I'm guessing it's from the Time Out index page), this embarrassment of melatonin riches did not go unnoticed by others working on the project. All that having been said, it appears as though Ricky did NOT bring the topic up in conversation with Larry - at least as far as my bittorrentless self could tell from the various UK press accounts of the interview. And no, this is not simply a question of UK/US skin tone contrast - LD looks like a body double in a Bond film. If anyone out there has seen this, please contact me and tell me RG mentions this during their chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home