Wednesday, February 22, 2006

"Push Back"

Earlier today, I got an email from a co-worker asking me to "please don't push back on this". My ideal reply to this missive would be to light it on fire and send it along with a piece of dog shit as an attachment. Initially, I thought the use of the term "push back" alone was enough to send me running to the nearest off-leash area. But upon further reflection, I realized that it was actually the fact that said co-worker had in effect said "No matter how wrong I may be on this, I don't want your opinion. In fact, I can't even be bothered to hear it expressed."

I have finally realized the secret to day job success with this exchange: Do NOT give a shit, dog or otherwise. "Push back" is for troublemakers and people who wish to obfuscate the meaning of the word "opinion". Do NOT make yourself conspicuous by (to paraphrase Enron) asking why? End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home